New Railmaster

Good things come to those who wait. All RailMaster are automatically downloaded into peoples' system when they are ready. Besides, it's not a major update just from 1.22 to 1.30.

Just wait and it'll download into your system automatically.

Your

version is definitely not obsolete.

Aah so it's not just me then!!

I went to the Powerpros web page which is linked to in another (stickied)thread although it was for version 1.22 and installed RM again.
It did work I just made sure I copied my plans and programs into another folder

so I could move them back again, just incase they got erased.
I think you could possibly download the trial version and just copy the RM.exe file over into your existing version.

Or you could email railmaster support and ask them to send you the

updated .exe file, this is probably the easiest way to update the software.
They may also then take a look at why it's not updating automatically.

Cheers

Ian

Yes, that was my worry too, which is why I think the best solution is to ask them to send you the updated version.

I downloaded the latest demo version on my desk top PC then copied over the railmaster.exe file to USB memory stick.
I then pasted

that into the C:/railmaster folder on my laptop which has the full activated version on RM running, this overwrites the one already there, that way I got the latest version without having to reinstall or deactivate anything.

Cheers

Ian

I have no idea,
It still might be worth sending support an email as it should update automatically anyway, they may not be aware of the problem.

When I installed the demo on my Slave PC I did notice the instruction manual was out of date!!
I

sent them an email about that and when I turned on R.M. last night it did download an update, which I believe was the lastest manual!

I just don't want you to try something and then have the issue that nothing will work, I think I was just lucky!

Cheers

Ian

Ian - I'll have to go and find a USB stick and try it. Unfortunately my layout is about 300m from the house and I can't get internet access so I have to bring the PC over and disconnect everything. I was wondering if not having the Elite connected could

be the problem, but it ha updated before.

S

Actually Ian on closer inspection of the RM files, there are several that have had modifications, not just the exe file.

So, I guess I either wait for Hornby Customer Care to get back to me or I deactivate RM and reload saving my track plan and

loco definitions. I am tempted to wait for HCC as its not that important.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Had a reply back myself, the V1.30 on the demo version is just a preview, the scheduled download isn't available yet which is why it doesn't up date!

I've only noticed it because of installing the trial version.

May be best

to wait so that it will update automatically and all files that need updating are actually updated!

I may have a few problems now and might need to re-install everything I will have to wait and see.

Cheers

Ian

Ian - yes I got a message from HCC to wait for the download in due course and not to do anything. I only embarked on this 'drama' because it appeared that some users had got a download automatically.

I'll wait......

Steve
PS. You did well

to get as far as you did! When I looked at all the file mods it would have taken ages to work out which new ones needed changing and what to keep

• 2 weeks later...
Update... for those who haven't got the download... I noted on my first install of this program an update attempted to install but failed. Then after a few days the software updated to v1.22. Now, after all the hassle I have had etc (see other threads)

I reinstalled RailMaster and it updated automatically to v1.30. My friends have not had this download as of yet so you may be able to find it on the powerpos site although the filename railmaster.exe downloads v1.22 according to the file when hovered over.

Try it anyway - it may be the new v1.30. I haven't done this so this post may be of no use. But if it helps then great...

Hi. I think, despite my university degree etc, I'm losing it in my 60's! I must have been one of the first to buy A RailMaster disc with version 2.0 on it last Summer. I have already overcome a mountain of problems. Hornby eventually took over my laptop

and managed to get it through the gateway for activation. I was very proud of the fact that I managed to connect with my Elite and even update that to v1.4. However, if I refer to my "About" tab in RailMaster, it shows v1.20. Never mind 2.1 and 2.2, not to

mention the latest 1.30. How on earth do I update, preferably now to 1.3? I haven't found any updates whatsoever, either through the Hornby or PowerPos sites! Booting up my RailMaster indicates that it's looking for updates, but then nothing happens. Presumably

the "About" screen should show any updated version? What I'm saying is...........help!!!!!!! Failing which I'll probably have to surrender my laptop to Hornby again after the frivolities have ended. Merry Xmas and a trouble-free new RailMaster Year!

Either your PC is not connected to the Interent or your antivirus or firewall software is blocking the program from getting the update. I think this is more likely on Windows 64-bit system where the secutiry is over-the-top.

You can download the

1.3 update directly. It's mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

Just add RailMaster as an exception to all of your security software and the update should just download automatically.

Hi Tim. Thanks for that (must wrap my wife's Christmas present!). I am online from my laptop, on which RailMaster is installed - this is from my desktop) and both have a 64-bit system on them. I've tried doing what you said with security but still no solution.

From where can you download 1.3 directly? I know it's mentioned on this forum but it doesn't state the source - Hornby, PowerPos etc?

Tim, my Saviour! I still think you're a Hornby plant or extremely intellectual but......thanks, great, superb!!!!! I've now managed, via the direct link you gave me, to actually install v1.30!!!!!!!!!!! Looks a bit different and I need to examine it further

before attempting to do anything eles. But......how did you know about this solution? Why is it not widely publicised on the forum? Surely I'm not the only one to miss out on this? Otherwise, how do others manage to do it? Am I perhaps ahead of the curve with

Windows 7 64-bit OS? Surely not?
Have a great New Year but I've still got to actually run my layout with it!

No plant, no, just been using the software in a detailed fashion since before it was launhed. the info on the download is on one of the messages that appear on the software. can't remember where. I would imagine a few people who have 64-bit Windows where

the secutiry is blocking RailMaster will have the same problem. Not the end of the world, though, 1.30 is not a major updgrade.

Have a good New Year yourself!

Archived