Hi and advice please

Patriotk11

Hi all

I'm fairly new to scalextric but it's a giggle and I'm enjoying tinkering.

I have burnt the engine out on one of my cars.  Is there a suggested place I can get a new or upgraded motor from? Without alot of waiting? I'm a bit impatient lol:-)

Is there anyone local to Wellingborough that may have a few bits laying around.

Thank you for your help/media/tinymce_upload/5b9db6d756ed2fbb0a7fe109585324d2.jpg

Your local model shop (if you have one) would be the first place for immediate service.

After that the online model shops or ebay if you don't mind that route e.g.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scalextric-modern-Mabuchi-motor-wires-pinion-SUPERB-spares-also-on-buy-it-now-/391672896525?

But beware there are all sorts of motors available and with different teeth on the pinion gears to suit different tracks / speed. I am sure therre must be plenty of modders who can give you advice but for me it is take the existing to the local shop and see what you can get. I would start by counting the teeth on the pinion!

The motors are basically standard "13D" Mabuchi motors. If you can, try to re-use the pinion gear as gears "work into" each other over time and mesh better. Must people use a gear pulling tool. While it can be done without it , it is very very tricky. Pressing it back onto the new motor is fairly easy using a standard vice.

If you can't get it off, don't worry. As long as they have the same number of teeth it should be safe. Technically there is also a "pitch" to the teeth but if the visually are the same you should be OK.

You can order a motor here on the site

Archived