Track Master Activation

HRMS would have to be just about the most responsive support people we have ever come across.  Have you used the correct email address as I've given it to you above?  Do you at least get the auto initial acknowledgement showing your email has reached them?

Just for clarity. The auto-acknowledgement only happens if you use the inbuilt application contact process. I don't believe that a manually sent mail from your mail client triggers the auto acknowledge reply.

• 2 weeks later...

HRMS would have to be just about the most responsive support people we have ever come across.  Have you used the correct email address as I've given it to you above?  Do you at least get the auto initial acknowledgement showing your email has reached them?

Thanks mate. Unfortunately not from support@rail-master.com as I have heard nothing from them despite trying several times. I did log a job through the ticket system and was advised that they contacted and confirmed with support@rail-master.com that my activation had been reset but still not working. I presume the support for Hornby software is outsourced or a completely different entity.

Anyway, I shall put it down to experience and move on. Many thanks all for trying to assist.

Chris

We replied to all of your emails and infomed you that we had reset your key and how to download the latest version of the software.

We also asked Customer Care to let you know that we had sent you several emails and had reset your key as we had received an email from them saying you had no response.

You should check your junk mail filter where you will undoubtadly find all of our emails.

Are you sure you didn't make a mistake with your email address? HRMS must have sent something somewhere.

I don't know. I've checked all possible email addresses and there is nothing. Support can get hold of me with no problems as does the club emails. Oh well, I'll move on.

I wouldn't be giving up, their support is generally acknowledged as being excellent.  I wanted to check whether you get an auto acknowledge when you send to support@ or only via RM Help email (it's only via Help) and they were back to me in a day with the answer.

I wouldn't be giving up, their support is generally acknowledged as being excellent.  I wanted to check whether you get an auto acknowledge when you send to support@ or only via RM Help email (it's only via Help) and they were back to me in a day with the answer.

I have recieved an email from them and all good. Still can;t acivate my copy but not bothered. All good.

• 2 weeks later...

This usually happens where TrackMaster is being blocked or intefered with by antivirus/firewall software and therefore hasn't been allowed to automatically update itself to the latest version.

The best thing to do is to download and install the latest version manually from www.powerpos.com/track-master/tm_setup.exe followed by ensuring the program has been added correctly to your antivirus and firewall software as a full exception.  You should then be able to activate without problems.

For more details on adding the program as an exception to common anrivirus packages and the Windows firewall see the guide at www.rail-master.com/security_en.pdf

That error message hasn't come up on the forum for a long time. There was a time where it was cited on just about every "cannot activate RailMaster" post that users posted. Matters not that you are trying to activate Trackmaster rather than RailMaster. The principle is the same. That error message comes up when your PC / Laptop security either Anti-virus or Firewalls are blocking Track / Rail Master from accessing the Internet.

I say Firewalls in plural rather Firewall, because some of the aggressive Anti-virus applications such as McAfee and Norton have their own Firewall as well as Windows own. Plus there is typically also one in your Broadband router.

You need to enter your Anti-virus application configuration pages as well as the Firewalls on the Laptop / PC and configure exceptions for the Trackmaster application.

You can use the help guides written for Railmaster in regard to this and just substitute Railmaster with Trackmaster as you read them.

A starting point is AC's help site. Link to it is located in a sticky at the top of the Railmaster / Trackmaster forum section.

If you have got RailMaster installed, then there will also be a "security.pdf" via a 'Desktop' shortcut. The recommendations in the 'Security.pdf' guide are just as valid for Trackmaster as they are RailMaster.

EDIT: HRMS got in with a reply whilst I was typing. Basically the same answer.

Archived