Frustration with Railmaster

Hello, I bought a Western Express E-link and Railmaster package last year from Hattons. Got the loco working fine, with all the sounds. Appeared great.
Moved house, started setting up a permanent baseboard in the garage. Didn't use Railmaster for a while. Turned on last week, allowed it to update.
Every time I boot up I get a message stating: Unable to open the Loco Detection receiver port Hornby LDM56.
I got the Hall locomotive running with sound when it was DCC ID 0003, but then, after putting it on the programming track and writing the CVs to 0001 I'm getting nothing.
I've used knowledge base today: when I clicked 'Yes' on the question 'If you are using an eLink controller, is the green light flashing....' a box came up with Run-time error '339': Component 'RICHTX32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
Help,
Mark

Welcome Mark

There is a good reason RM can't open the LD port, the loco detection kit hasn't gone on the market yet, but I bet in your set up you have it selected Hence the software is looking for it.

The recommended fix for any RM problem, especially as yours seems to have been out of use for a while and even though it self updated is to download the latest version from the link at top of page, install that over your existing version, check that your eLink is set in RM on the same port as it shows in device manager and then restart everything to get your ducks in a row again.

If that doesn't work then come back for more advice.

Rob

As Rob says, although options are for it in the RM software, the Loco Detection LDM56 module is non existent. Check the 'Loco Detection Tab' in 'System Settings' and ensure the drop down box (circled in red) is showing "Not Used".

/media/tinymce_upload/f8ba4fa0865b4acf2fbf1e73aae62827.jpg

I would also as an aside to be 'belt n braces' open your 'railmaster.ini' file in the editor (click the bluish COG icon in the bottom left hand corner of the RM 'Help' window [? icon in main navigation bar]) and make sure the following two lines are present and are the last two lines in the file:

Check controller=1

Alternative comms=1

Use the editor to amend the .ini file if they are not present or not at the end of the file.

Archived