Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So HMS Belfast, HMS Manchester and HMS Sheffield are all the same type of ship, but would have been painted in a different livery? Sorry, I do not know anything about ships.

You do not intend on making an HMS Belfast then, the orginal intention for this Airfix release?

GNR-Gordon-4 (AF)

Oh sorry, I did not recognise that post. That must have been one that I had missed. If I had noticed it when it was new thread, I probably would have commented on it. I don't want to comment on a 9 months old thread. I dislike resurrecting old threads, due to past experience. It looks good nevertheless, Ratch.  😀

Clickable hyperlink, to Ratch's thread from June 2019: Airfix Forum - 1/600 HMS Belfast.

GNR-Gordon-4 (AF)

How do you make the clickable hyperlink? I used to be able to do it, but now, no matter what I try it doesn't work  🤔

Type the text you want to link, then highlight it. Click the link button and type in the URL, click 'insert'. The dialogues in the text editor have to be the least intuitive of any forum I've visited and I'm sure that particular feature is not functioning correctly.

And back on topic, I couldn't resist this when it came up on a Facebook auction site and pushed the boat out a little. Given that I'm self-employed and work is likely to dry up during the duration I won't be purchasing much in the immediate future. Stay safe everybody.

/media/tinymce_upload/eeb6925a47f0357b64d968e0f8bea75f.JPG

The kit was first issued by ITC in 1959, the Glencoe issue 1988. The convertiplane was technically a gyrodyne (same class as the Fairey Rotodyne) with the rotors being powered up for takeoffs and landings with tip jets. Once sufficient airspeed was built up with the conventional prop power the rotor jets were shut down and the rotor disc left to auto gyrate.