Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

/media/tinymce_upload/75a55efe6cda9cf93678aef6aac26c21.jpg

Oh dear. That isn't 1/72nd scale.  😇 😆

Snap, I have one arriving on Monday, along with a couple of Vintage Classics Tank kits (WW1 Male & Churchill), but alas I have an ever growing pile of OO Gauge Railway Commissions to do (along with a nearly finished Shack AEW2 & a recently started B-29A Enola Gay). The railway stuff takes priority at the moment. 

Oh nice purchase Heather I'm mildly jealous! Like you my scale is 1:72nd but I am seriously tempted by this kit as I love the Blenheim. However my Airfix membership has just expired (10% discount adds up) and at the moment can't be renewed  🤔 so this purchase shall have to wait! 

I’m not a club member, so I paid full price. I placed my preorder the very day the kit was announced. I've had a good rummage in the box now, and noticed some parts on the sprues that are obviously meant for the bomber variant. I am certain there will also be a MkIV in due course, probably depending on sales of the MkI. 

Happy days.

It's probably like all promotions or 'loss leaders'! Lidl sell them at a loss to get foot fall through the doors and hopefully once in will also buy other,  more expensive items off setting the loss taken on some inexpensive Airfix kits?

The railway stuff takes priority at the moment. 

I know exactly what you mean. I currently have three O gauge locos bunging up my bench. I try to get a lot of work done on them, then treat myself to some styrene wrangling. I fear the Blenheim will linger in the stash for some time to come. 

I currently have a Hornby 42xx on the workbench that needed some styrene wrangling - I managed to lose a sandbox while modifying the chassis.

Then there's this little lot to do..

An old Mainline Manor to rename and weather.

5 Collett coaches (4 Hornby, 1 Mainline) to modify (add destination board brackets, closer coupling on Mainline one), repaint roofs (post war GW) & weather.

A Castle to update to post war G&W livery & rename (weathered, but ex-works)

4 More Hornby Colletts to modify (remove close coupling mechanisms and fit Romford Screwlinks & corridor connectors) & weather.

Another Castle and a Bachmann 93xx to modify, etc...

And 5 Bachmann Mk.1's to weather.

Oh I forgot, a Manor to build using a Comet Chassis and Bachmann Parts (tender & loco body) at some point.

So I might get back to kits eventually!

Don't railway modellers build/modify their own models?

Many do. There are some who feel they don’t have the requisite skills, so they are happy to pay folk like me and James to do it for them. I work in O gauge (1/43rd) chiefly, where building things for people is a bit more common as there has historically been less ready-to-play stuff than the smaller scales. That’s now changing, but I’ve still got work enough for the next couple of years.

Complaining? Me? Never!  😇

james_mower, you should be talking about this stuff over at the Hornby Forum. This will probide us with things to talk about!  😉  😆  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

I will, when I have the time  - as in between locos & rolling stock, I'm busy painting loco crews...

/media/tinymce_upload/95157128967f1b66547f5343a09d4d7b.jpg

And one client is picking up 50 loco crew from Modelu (at Warley) and guess whose painting them  😎

Finally got around to sorting out the pile of purchases from the last few weeks. In no particular order:

Airfix Gnat T1 (1/72) 

Special Hobby Gnat F1 'British' 

Airfix A6M2b

Airfix Tucan (RA+F limited edition) 

Airfix A-4B/P Skyhawk

Airfix Sopwith Pup 'special edition'

Airfix Gladiator J-8A/Mk.II

Tamiya LRDG Chevrolet 30cwt truck

Revell I-153 

Academy P-39Q/N

I'm especially happy with the Pup in its nice Special Edition box. Not seen one for ages and bought it as one of my rare 'deep stash' kits that I'm truly reluctant to build. Fingers crossed the matching F2B will still be available next weekend. 

Picked up a couple airfix 72  lvl1 sets from lydil, a revel 2 seater to go with my airfix single seater typhoons 72 .acadomy 48 spit xvi and a Italia ww11 typhoon 48...

Stash is building .. need to finish some more off ... got about 10 all at different stages ... most just needing final top coat....