unable to get james working

stuh

ah, well no.. both will be Analogue (DC).. so not sure why it isn't working

mate sorry

Given Thomas works and James dosen't, it's safe to say problem is James. my guess is one of three issues:
1: Short circuit, very easy to do with these engines, try running the tendor alone with no james. you may need to move it a little on the tracks.

Most likely place for a short is coupling, make sure these are not bent into shorting.

2: Bad circuit, between enging and tendor. I don't get why Hornby paint the coupler pin with black paint which kills the cicuit! try scraping it where the contacts

are (ones which hug the pin ´not ones which are compressed by top plate.
3: Engine broken. If new unlikely, if 2nd hand posible also if someone has thrown a set together and used the wrong tendor (with correct top) the connectors could be wired the wrong

way and wll cause a short (try running Gordon with Henrys tendor!).

1&2 should be easy things to resolve if they don't fix your problem and no returns policy, send it to s service repare center.

Given Thomas works and James dosen't, it's safe to say problem is James. my guess is one of three issues:
1: Short circuit, very easy to do with these engines, try running the tendor alone with no james. you may need to move it a little on the tracks.

Most likely place for a short is coupling, make sure these are not bent into shorting.

2: Bad circuit, between enging and tendor. I don't get why Hornby paint the coupler pin with black paint which kills the cicuit! try scraping it where the contacts

are (ones which hug the pin ´not ones which are compressed by top plate.
3: Engine broken. If new unlikely, if 2nd hand posible also if someone has thrown a set together and used the wrong tendor (with correct top) the connectors could be wired the wrong

way and wll cause a short (try running Gordon with Henrys tendor!).

1&2 should be easy things to resolve if they don't fix your problem and no returns policy, send it to s service repare center.

Hi have tried the tender on its own with no joy. We get a voltage that seems OK from what I know. The train was a present for my sonfrom the UK to Australia so not keen to send back to the UK. Unit was purchased new.

If you can't get the tendor to even power up then sounds like an issue with the motor. Could happen easily with a heavy handed post man... I suspect to send it back of forth to Austraia is going to cost about 15-20 pounds alone. If they have the reciept

Hornby will sort this out for you in the UK, if not, your first loss is your best loss as they say... click on stockists on botton left of this screen and find a repair center near you. I suspect you'r looking at 30 pounds or so. The tendor drive are the easiest

to fix but if your not handy with a soldering iron...
Have you taken the top off the tendor to check for a broken/loose wire^

• 4 weeks later...

Archived