bring back minitrix

zeroOneman

Due to space constraints I have recently down-sized to n-gauge, looking at what has been available in the past, it would seem that minitrix models were highly regarded - maybe it's time this range was resurrrected? I realise Hornby do own the Arnold range, but I believe there is room in the market for another mainstream producer of British n-gauge trains.

Minitrix was crude by modern day standards, so if Hornby was to adopt the range I think they would probably use the Arnold brand (after all they have already issued the 'Brighton Belle' under that label).and go for brand new models.  I still have some Minitrix but when I compare them to modern Graham Farish and Dapol they are horrible. In fact the  Ivatt class 2s I have are earmarked to provide chassis for narrow gauge locos on an OO9 layout one day.

• 4 months later...

As Hornby have exclusive rights to the production of model IEP trains in ALL SCALES it must surely follow that they intend to produce in N Gauge. If not then they are preventing any other manufacturer for introducing a model.

Come on Hornby, get on with announcing some more N Gauge and make sure it is up to standard after the troubled Brighton Belle.

Archived