RailMaster Version 1.66.1 (29th Sep 17)

Guest Chrissaf

New 1.66.1 version now available from the forum download link.

I haven't checked to see if this version will auto-update when starting RM. Changes to previous 1.66.0 version unknown.

I've just checked it again 52train and the downloaded file still shows it as 1.66.1

Assuming a Windows PC. Right click the downloaded file and choose "Properties" from the menu list. Then open the "Details" tab. On my PC it says 1.66.1.0

When the downloaded file is run to over-install the existing RM installation, it will still show 1.66 as the version number. To see the 'revision number' in this case 1, you have to hover your mouse cursor over the top of the little yellow box (bottom right hand corner) that says 1.66. A popup should appear to state the 'revision number', up until now this revision number popup has displayed 0, it should now display 1 instead.

I cannot at this time confirm that HRMS have updated the 'revision number' popup as I have not installed this new RM version yet.

Well we all know from previous history that HRMC's implementation of revision control documentation could be improved upon. The installer file (right click) details page definitely says "Product version 1.66.1". Didn't expect the image below to stay posted in the edit (posted using copy & paste), the B&W hill icon method didn't work.

I am often 'protected' by Win 10 against bad downloads but if you click 'more info' it gives you the option to ignore the warning and install anyhow.

I have downloaded the latest version of RM on Pro and Am copies and I see what others see - v0 on hover over - and my last observation to HRMS about underscored function numbers in the loco setup page is still present.

Rob

Archived