DCC ID 63 ?

mikejj101

Whilst playing around with decoder settings on my loco fleet I changed the DCC ID of Tornado to 63. On the next start of my eLink system everything went crazy. All the points were clicking away and would not respond to any input.

Anyone got any idea why this would happen?

Sounds as though you re-addressed Tornado whilst it was still on the layout instead of being isolated on a programming track........if your points are powered from your track then address 63 is within the 61 and above address range so maybe all of them are now '63'.........you may have to patiently re-address all the points......HB

Thanks for the response. I shut it all down and disconnected from PC. I reprogrammed the Tornado back to what it was on before - 98 and things have settled back down now.

I seem to remember when I started with DCC that the Select controller uses 61,62,63,64 for points control. I don't use the Select anymore so am surprized that the address 63 should have such an effect on everything. I was getting a bit stressed when all the points were continually going clickity click. Thought I had done something to mess up Railmaster or eLink.

Archived