TTS Sound Decoder

RocknRoll

I rather think you are trying to fit a litre into an egg-cup, there!

First off, I very much doubt that there will be a sound decoder that makes the right kind of noises. Short of removing body-weight, where are you going to fit the speaker?

I don't think this engine is DCC ready, either, so you would have to 'hard-wire' a decoder in.

Then - you would need a DCC controller as well, or it won't make any noises! That needs a different mains power supply unit, and a different track power-clip!

I don’t think that’s possible rob  😀

but I would like to see Your plans for those items looks very interesting 

on on the TTS decoder in an 040 maybe  you could have the decoder and speaker in a wagon with plug and socket to the locomotive 

I have a suitable motor/gearbox for the Landie from one of the trick micro RC cars but its going in a road/rail version of the Landie.

You can get a TTS size decoder in an 0-4-0 so its just a case of finding room for the smallest cube speaker, which may have to be on show or require a bit of chassis fettling to make room.

Rob

Away a bit from the OP subject but I was wondering what has happened to the Class 47 TTS decoder. I have had one on order for about a year now from a well known Merseyside Hornby mail order stockist. He keeps emailing me with new expected dates but has Hornby forgotten it perhaps?

Back to the OP I think Hornby Magazine had an article about sound fitted to a Hornby 0-4-0 but it would not have been TTS that is for sure. I think a magic shoe horn would be required to get a TTS into a Pug! Mind you there are some very small speakers around these days. The little 0-4-0s often ran with an old coal wagon to use as a tender so you could put a TTS decoderr in that and a sugar cube speaker in the Pug. Pug would sound like Flying Scotsman or similar though!! That has just got me thinking about a little fun project now lol!!

Cliff

Archived