Sapphire 21pin plug/socket.

Traincliff

Hi all. Have done a bit of a search but not come up with what I am looking for. Is there a diagram showing the 21 pin plug connections on a Sapphire decoder? There is not one on the instruction leaflet. Is it standard-can I use the one in the DCC.concepts literature for example?  Reason you may ask and that is that all the wires came off the 2 plugs I have and I now have a very nice 21 pin adaptor plug that has nice solder tags to connect to.

Help as ever gratefully received.

Cliff

Thanks fellas. I just had a nagging thought that Hornby might have done something different but then as the Sapphire is NMRA certified it will comply - I hope! I will check the other resources you mention in case they are clearer than the DCC Concepts one I have. 

Sorry I posted twice AGAIN! Impatience on my part with this mobile.

Cliff

I have a Sapphire in front of me and with the decoder on the right and the adaptor plug on top the colours run thus from top to bottom per the photo.

Purple, Green, White, Yellow, Blue, Grey, Orange, Black, Red.

The 8 pin plug is per standard NMRA colour scheme.

/media/tinymce_upload/ae20696394a2e5e3bde5438e7b414d9d.jpg

Rob

I have a Sapphire in front of me and with the decoder on the right and the adaptor plug on top the colours run thus from top to bottom per the photo.

Purple, Green, White, Yellow, Blue, Grey, Orange, Black, Red.

The 8 pin plug is per standard NMRA colour scheme.

/media/tinymce_upload/ae20696394a2e5e3bde5438e7b414d9d.jpg

Rob

Rob. That is a very useful picture from which I will  now be able to also rewire the 2 damaged plugs I have. Many thanks for that. I have also done the google searches suggested and they have shown me all I need for the 21 pin plug connections.

Wow! Great help as ever.

Cliff

Archived