R3285TTS Gadwall sound changed ?

Hi All,

Didn't know wether to post this in this section or the DCC section.

Anyway, just wondered how I can get the 2 chimes back on my sound functions as the loco now only gives 1 chime when F4 is fired ?

I've re-assigned the loco from the loco database in RM just incase the loco profile was corrupt but still only 1 toot.

Any ideas welcome.

Mike

Try a sound reset on the decoder by writing value 5 to CV8.

This will not affect other setting on the decoder.

Have you got F4 set in RM as toot or toot on/off. It should be the former and should play through its assigned sound file. If you are operating it using an RM program then have you left enough time for it to polay out before the next timed event.

Rob

Hi Rob,

The actual description on the loco DCC function list is F4: Chime short 2.

The sound produced is completely different to the F3: Chime short 1.

If I use the drop down list on F4 there is no such thing as Chime listed and it doesnt matter what I select as a function it just gives me the single toot.

CV8 reads as 048 - Hornby Hobbies Ltd

CV7 - Decoder Chip Version =009

I can't see how I can change anything.

Tried a reset and made no difference. Ah well.

Mike

Mike

You overtype anything you want in the description and it won't change the noise that comes out e.g. type wizz, bang, pop and it will still toot as is..There is nothing you can change.

The leaflet terms Chime 2 short and Chime 1 short are just variant descriptions and not truly descriptive of the actual toot sounds or quantities. e.g. it could maybe have said Whistle short and Chime short.

009 is likely the Hornby correct code for an A4 TTS decoder.

Rob

Given it used to produce 2 toots and now only 1, and it’s setup appears correct and probably unchanged anyway, it “sounds” to me like the decoder has a fault, albeit it a minor one. You could consider returning it under warranty if it’s annoying you enough. 

Archived