Two cars very different - is this normal?

Stegs1969

Hello! I was given a Scalextric Arc Air Race Day Jaguar v McLaren set for Christmas and having played it a bit it's clear that one of the cars (the McLaren) is significantly 'better' than the other; it can go much faster without leaving the track.

I know the McLaren would be better than the Jaguar in real life, but wouldn't have thought that would make a difference and it means that racing the two cars isn't much fun as it's always the same one that wins, whichever track, controller or 'driver'. We've also tried it on different track layouts, including a track without tight turns, and it's still the same.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do about it?

Any advice at all gratefully received.

Thanks,
Steve.

Some Jaguar fans would ask you step outside! :-)

Joking aside: usually if the magnet gets dislodge or sits higher and it will mean the car has less downforce.

Also check that the wheels are spinning freely and maybe give them a small drip of oil.

Maybe the McLaren's braids are  not in as good of condition?

Follow these instructions:

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/five-top-tuning-tip-for-christmas

Finally, if none of this works, since you have ARC AIR use the APP to reduce the power of the McLaren to get them closer in performance. To do that you have to go to the driver set up before starting a race.

• 2 weeks later...

First thing I do is to true the tires. I've noticed on some cars less than half the tire is in contact with the track. I have about 75 cars all types all scalextric. I have had the same thing happen cars you think should handle better than others don't I have found there is usually a reason tires not true body too tight or not fitting properly etc. also keep them oiled axle ,motor  bushings.

Archived