Locos Wanted

Ravens

Trying to find the following, if any can help plese advise.

Would anyone know where to find

“ Ex-GER Holden J67/1 0-6-0t 68511 ”

Also looking for

The Drummond D27 & D28 (NBR Class M) 'Abbotsford' 4-4-0 Locomotives

A Midland Railway through service over the Waverley route to Edinburgh was introduced in May 1876. The existing Wheatley 4-4-0s were not powerful enough for this service, so Drummond designed his Class M locomotives as replacements. Due to the urgency involved, the first four locomotives partially replaced an existing order for J32 0-6-0s. 

If these ae out there plese advise.

Apart from the J67 the others are locos from 'way back when'. I've never heard of the prototypes never mind in model form.

The J67 might appear at some time since it lasted until the end of steam in East Anglia, but it's likely to be a long wait. Don't hold your breath!!     😆

• 2 weeks later...

There is a N7 proposed by Oxford of course, which will certainly fill a hole, but the J67 does have the advantage in that the LNER distrbuted them widely throughout their system so there have been examples in Scotland, on Merseyside and of course in East London. Even I would add a J67 to my fleet.

• 1 month later...

Quite agree with a Reid 4-4-0 - the D30's had such evocative names - "Laird o' Monkbarns", "Dumbiedykes", "Jingling Geordie"  etc..

And how anyone wouldn't want a "Wandering Willie" is beyond comprehension - a perfect complement to the J36, and guaranteed to be a best-seller for its name alone!

Archived