Large track design

Rogan

The first track required bridging on the left side cross over section and raining on the right end on the track.

If you squeeze in 7ft then this track means the right side does not need raising.

The digital lane changes can be replaced with normal straights if you don't use/have them ( lane change track is equal to 1 and 1/2 normal straights.

I have left some track cut out so you can see the cross over section.

/media/tinymce_upload/e18db12550033c17a0e022e3961e78c6.jpg

• 1 year later...

I started with the C1374 Scalextric Slotcar Digital Platinum set and have added on a tonne of track, several thousand $AUD worth and simply stuck with a track design..

I have tinkered and setup over six designs, most of which were just stupid, lol. I have decided to run GT, F1, Sedans. I am thinking of a street circuit or similar that will suit the genre's of cars running. I would like a nice long straight with pits for seven cars, cross over is fine. 

Currently I have 6mx2.4m in an L shape for the board/space/size. More than likely I would like to do a scenic build, which is hard with no real artistic design thumb or idea, bloody hard.

Hopefully someone might be able to help me with some sort of design. I would be looking at making this portable (only because I am renting, one day I may need to move the layout so it will need to go through doors like 600mm wide, board lengths of two or three standard straights in length, no longer than 1.2m though.

Johnno

Johnno - if you’re struggling designing from scratch, then looking at other people’s designs can really help. There are loads of fabulous plans on this website: https://slotracer.online/

The J-Track idea is interesting as it is modular and so portable - something you mentioned would suit your purposes. I like the simple scenic of the J-Track modules I have seen - the focus is the racing functionality, but they still look great. A few buildings, tyre walls etc and you have a realistic race track.

I hope that gives you something to work with.

Archived