5 small straights

10 medium straight

3 large straight and 1 with lap counter 

1 cross over 

Chicane x 2 

6 corner boarders

2 straight borders

Bridge and various cardboard supports.

i was wondering what people are using as track supports as i know the scalextric ones are pricey, what are people using to make the track stiffer when using bridges? Any advice would be much appreciated 

Hello Rogan, It depends on a few things, cost, aesthetics and vehicles, for simple circuits go to a auction site they have many varieties, I have notice that Hornby have reintroduced the wedge supports which go back years.

For a more complex circuit there are a number of them many obsolete, but you might find the one that you like.

Regards Waterlow

The good thing is you can use any supprots of nearly any brands as Ninco SCX and Scalextric are of similar width.

My adice though is to try to make any brides/crossovers with as few track pieces as possible. Using the super long straights (584 mm) and 90° R2 curves make sure that connectivity is assured.

For support of the track borders on my Scalextric Sport track banked turns I found 1/2" diameter copper pipe fits snugly around the rings on the underside of the borders and track. If cut with a pipe cutter it reduces the ID so they need to be filed or reamed back out and a little hot glue gun helps hold them in place. If you need a slight adjustment I used 1/2" pipe couplers and slightly squeezed them with pillars to make it kind of oval so you slide them to the desired length and then a slight twist locks them in place. I suppose they could be used for elevated track supports however I have some of the gray pliiars and also bought the set of 6 cross braces. The tallest ones are rugged plastic but the other are cardboard with plastic bases but seem to work fine. 

But an important thing to remember is copper is one of the best conductors so they must be secured and not come in contact with the track conductors or bad stuff could happen.

/media/tinymce_upload/18cf32cb0d3e6bf4e935fff1ef8c89dc.jpg

and one more shot of how it looks.

/media/tinymce_upload/881897da76618b93e8975c8f1f003f03.jpg

with a little hot glue on the borders edges and track clips the whole 180 deg. corner can be handles as one piece. Specially when I added the 1/4 inch wire screen as a catch fence so the track stays together very well. but can come apart with a little effort if needed. 

Archived