RailMaster ProPack (reactivation on rebuilt PC issue).

Guest Chrissaf

I need help with RM pro pack Activation

I had to reinstall win 10 due to issues & therfore had to reinstall RM but I didn't deactivate RM or pro pack

I sent email from RM to support & after several days got no reply. So I rang Hornby to get action on my problem. The customer service bloke Mark was a great help & next day got emails saying RM had been reset.

I reactivated RM all good. Then I rtried to reactivate pro pack. RM said already registered not good.

I restarted RM tried again..................... no good. Sent email to RM support.................. Nothing after several days. Please help otherwise I will be calling England again from Australia.

no good. Sent email to RM support.

Note: I've been waiting to see if a ProPack user who has gone through the reset process was going to provide a reply. Since none have been forthcoming...I can only offer my thoughts on the issue as I don't have ProPack to draw personal experience from.

Did you send that mail from within the now re-installed re-activated RM application via the Help Screen Support Request OR did you send the request via the external "support@rail-master.com" mail address.

I would think that requests made from within the RM application carry more weight, because RM sends a whole lot of 'log files' and the like about your installation to save HRMS asking additional questions. This would include your main RM activation key code plus an indication that the request is coming from a legal activated copy of RM.

If you sent your request externally, then I would send it again using the internal support request process. I would also include your ProPack activation key number in the body text of the request, so that they can check out it on their systems. Plus the personal information highlighted further below.

I can appreciate that you want to try and avoid a phone call from OZ, apart from which HRMS who control all this don't publish a phone number and only accept communication via mail. Contacting HCC by phone is playing 'piggy in the middle' with HCC playing the part of 'piggy' as you have found out already.

I can recall, posts on the forum where members have had their ProPack key reset requests actioned within hours, so not everyone falls into a black hole.

I would imagine that the members who have had favourable responses within hours are either very lucky or have followed the procedure expected by HRMS. I would suspect that it is following the right procedure and providing the right information like for example "what email address & postal address & name" etc was the ProPack key originally purchased with in their support requests, that I think would speed up a successful reset.

HRMS have to be sure that you are who you say you are as they wouldn't want to reset a key for someone who has been sold a previously activated product second hand. I appreciate that this is not your situation, but it might have a bearing on why things have not gone right for you thus far.

Hi. I am currently in process of rebuilding windows 10 on my laptop due to refusal to update to latest version and continually retrying. I was able to deregister railmaster and I have the activation code but it would not let me tick the box for pro package. I hope it will reregister when I come to put it back. I do have the codes so keeping fingers crossed. The current round of windows updates are a pain to say the least so I have every sympathy with those having to go through the customer service route to effect recovery. I have been there before and failed when I rebuilt my friend's laptop after a previous update that went wrong. It was our fault as we could not remember whose name we registered in and Hornby were unable to help despite our pleas.

Let us hope we all get sorted!

Cliff

Staying off topic with the Win 10 update.

I recently had an update that constantly asked for a restart but never finalised the update, hence kept putting me back to square one. Fortunately the PC would reboot as normal each day.

The answer after much expert help from AC the IT guru on this forum was to download Win 10 update assistant - the one that determines if your PC is sutable to update in the first place. Running this said I was suitable and that Ihad updates to install, it did it for me and bingo, all up to date and no problems since.

Rob

Good info Rob, the idea that anyone has to go around starting their PC from scratch due to a Windows Update Problem just doesn’t make sense.  It would be at least 10 years ago I ever had to do that, probably much longer. Even if I install a new HDD, I clone the old one onto the new, and that should become rarer now with SSDs.

Good news from me anyway. Finished a clean reinstall of Windows 10 around midnight last night after several time consuming attempts before I finally gave in and created an "ISO" disc on another computer that led me through the process including a planned clearance of all apps and files. 

I reinstalled RM and reactivated without a hitch. I was then able to put my PRO code in on the second settings page near the bottom and again it activated straight away. Brilliant!

I have now managed to paste my layout files back in but cannot locate the loco files to transfer across. Can any body tell me where I can find them or were they lost when I saved my Railmaster programme files to a flash drive?

Pretty pleased really apart from having to do it in the first place but I know I am not alone! Certainly clears all the junk out. Now getting all my other programmes back on before being able to return to my shed to play trains - yippee!

Do hope our other friend gets everything sorted ok.

Cliff

Archived