Hornby and Hornby International in RM

Hi All 

it‘s the pest again

anyway at the beginning of the RM manual it says about Hornby and Hornby International locos in it’s data base however it mentions all of the brands in it’s international group but it doesn’t mention Hornby minitrix for it’s n gauge locos and I was wondering if any of the guys and girls have noticed if it’s included in the database as the loco number instead of being an Rxxxx and it’s  Nxxx it’s also one digit less as the class 27 is N204 and I was wondering if I could put the Nxxx instead of Rxxxx as I can’t remember seeing any N when I was going through looking for all of my locos not only for the actual scale speeds but also the loco images 

I know that you can download and resize pictures and include them in your RM loco folder so that you can have a picture of your locos in hour loco list

anyway  I’ll be very grateful once again if anyone has come across the minitrix range within RM thanks very much Hedley 

Have a look in the RM locos folder in program files on your PC to see if you can spot the loco picture and/or its N number.

If its in there then it should react to a search for it in the setup screen.

Rob

Hi Rob and Trainlover 

thanks very much for your help and I’m going to try RM with the number first and then I’ll go through the locos and Trainlover that was the reason for me asking as I have a Dapol Class  27 in n gauge and I had found the minitrix on eBay and that’s where I had found the N204 number and I was just curious if Hornby had included them into the database for RM as I had put a search in google for the Hornby  R number and then I had come across the minitrix range and it showed that it was on sale on eBay 

but thanks very much again for your help Hedley 

Hi Rob Trainlover and Fishman  

Hornby minitrix isn’t covered in Railmaster and I have also had a look at them on eBay and Trainlover the N204 Class 27 has Hornby branding on it‘s box and that’s why I had thought that they might have included them in the RM locos list but as you say that they didn’t keep on producing the products for Hornby and stopped about 15 years ago but thanks very much again for all of your help and advice Hedley 

Hedley, here is a screen grab of part of the .ini. file showing how the loco databases are loaded into the loco settings available locos list.

I also looked in the locos picture folder and they use the prefix E (Electrotren), HJ (Jouef), HN (Arnold?) and HR (Rivarossi) for the various brands in lieu of the Hornby R-number prefix.

Rob.

/media/tinymce_upload/3b03788153aca7ed56f41a8dc4be9ee4.PNG

Hi Rob

thanks very much I had went through the full loco list in RM yesterday and I had noticed that the different numbers and letters that were used and it also had 95% of my locos with the R number so it’s not too bad also I’m slowly getting used to finding the locos identification within RM as well as the programming of the decoders all I have to do now is to try downloading the images that aren’t covered and adding them in RM and onto my loco list as I have noticed that it looks a lot better with having the loco picture on screen when using the program than without it Hedley 

Hi Rob

yeah I know that we all start at the beginning but sometimes with me it takes a bit sinking in especially with DCC but I’m slowly getting there and I have now learned the basics but now I had purchased a second hand decoder and when I had put it into one of my locos it started off very very slowly and gradually went faster and then the same slowing down and the only thing that I can think off is that it has a long speed curve which I like really good so it’s now for me to learn how to do it with the rest of my locos as I would like them all to behave the same way so later I’m going to start up railmaster and then copy it’s CVs so that I can program the rest of my decoders which I’ll do in RM

but thanks very much again for all of your help and advice Hedley 

Hi all 

I have managed to get what I had started out to do and the class 27 isn’t in RM locos but I have just used a class 25 for it and I know that they’re different but I just changed the description to 27 and I know which it is at the moment and I’ll eventually will download a picture of it and change it on my loco list but thanks very much again for all of your help and advice Hedley 

Hedley

Your slowly slowly loco thing is simply due to CV3 acceleration & CV4 deceleration values being set to high numbers. You will see this when you get RM to read them. Typically you can use 5 for normal start/stop rates but if you have any TTS decoders these need to be no less than 15 to allow the sound sequences to work correctly. N Gauge may have different default values.

Rob

Hi Rob

thanks very much again and I’m going to look at it again later and see what the values are as after I had posted last night I was looking through the decoder manuals and also the CVs listings and I had noticed about CV 3 & 4 as well as CV 29 although I had already knew about CV 29 and using RM for to change it so fingers crossed I’ll find out what I’m looking for but something else I’ll have to check is the decoder being locked which was another reason for looking at the manuals as I couldn’t reset it back to factory settings at the weekend but I know how to sort it out now anyway I’m going to get a sound decoder for one of my locos but I’m torn between a Locksound v4 6 pin and a Zimo 6 pin as there’s not much difference in price anyway thanks very much again for everything Hedley 

Archived