Cars surge on track

atmhobby

Hi atmhobby. The surges are most likely because the track isn't clean. If the chip can't get a clear signal from the track (ie the digital instructions from the powerbase), it thinks it is in analogue mode and momentarily goes to full throttle. Of course, dirty braids can cause this problem too.

I use a couple of drops of Inox MX3 on the braids of a car at the start of a session. I run the car round a few laps and the Inox does the job. Most digital racers use Inox. If you are in Australia, NZ, the USA or Canada, Inox is easy to get. In Europe it is tricky to find. Sometimes there is a group order to the UK organised on Slot Forum. However, a small bottle will last a long time and is a good investment. I have the 60ml bottle with the needle nozzle.

In the meantime, some lighter fuel (the rectangular tin) is a good traditional rail and braid cleaner. Use it on a rag and don't smoke while you're using it!

Have fun 😀

never have used inox - used tiger milk occasionally for decades and kept track clean and covered when not in use

while using light application of vasoline on rail connectors when assembling over using jumpers

in early days the early dpr chips were famous for surging

still have a couple as spares only till replacement can be purchased

today have found 99% of toy surging is improperly assembled 2 piece guides

from accidents and racers at the start that pull car backwards to line them up

correction is just proper reassembly - info believe is included in every car sold and sets

Archived