Bachmann class 37 with TTS, what adaptor?

Elliot1982

Hi ,,,Bachmann actually make these adaptors ,if you have bought the class37 from a retailer you could ask them to include one in the package ,,providing they have one and it isn't to late ,,or check out Hattons website etc ,,,,hope this helps ,,,,,mjb

You have really answered your own question - a 21 pin to 8 pin adaptor.

You will probably find the round speaker supplied won't fit, so you need an 8 ohm oval 'sugar-cube' one that will fit into the limited space.

The four body screws are underneath, deep in recesses under the bogeys, so you need a long slim X-head screwdriver to get at them. It's a fiddle getting them back in, too!

Be careful when you lift the body off, the lighting circuit boards are mounted under the roof, and have short wires and tiny plugs that go to the main board on the chassis.

LaisDcc 8 / 21 Pin Adaptor NEM652 Chip to 21MTC Loco Part No. 860004 

These 8-pin NEM652 to 21MTC Loco Adaptors enable you to fit an 8 Pin DCC decoder to a 21 Pin socket Locomotive.

Please note:  This price is for the adaptor only and does not include a DCC decoder. 

Please visit our Ebay shop or see our LaisDcc 860020 and 860021 listings for suitable DCC decoders.

CM3Models are experienced Railway Modellers and are always happy to offer advice both pre- and post- sales. Available on ebay.

Some of the 21 pin adaptors are too high from what I’ve read on other forums. I know someone did a bachmann 47 and said the DCC concepts 21 pin adaptor was too tall but it worked with the bachmann one. A lot of people have said the speaker won’t fit. Ideally you would use the space in the tanks on a class 37 but this isn’t for everyone so if it’s to go in the space on top of the chassis I’d suggest a 20x30 speaker like this would fit: http://roads-and-rails.co.uk/store/p79/20x30_Enclosed_Bass_Speaker.html

Richard

Hi folks. Installation went well, speaker fitted and yes it was tight with concept adapter but I extended the speaker wire and its fine. 

Working directional lights fine but neither cab lights not working.

The train is new and I've seen photos of both working so it's something I've done.

Read some other forums to suggest it's the connector plates vs the body but tried bending back but no joy. Any other ideas?

Thanks 

What Function key are you using for the 'Cab Lights'?

Are the loco cab lights connected using the TTS decoder 'Green' wire?

I assume that you mean the interior cabin lights of the loco (where the driver sits) when using the 'Cab Light' term.

If you are, then these are not typically linked to a loco's directional lighting. They are wired separately to the decoder AUX function and switched on and off by a different function number. The TTS instructions for a diesel say that the AUX function is Function F25 and that this function switches the 'Green' wire. Hence my question. .

Try sending F25 and see what happens, if still not working trace back the cab light wiring and see where it goes, it should end up eventually via whatever path it takes on Pin 3 of the TTS decoder socket. Socket Pin 3 equates to the 'Green' wire on the decoder.

Not that it matters to you as you are using TTS, but the loco 'Cab Lights' on my Loksound equipped diesels are on F5, whilst F0 (zero) still does directional lighting. Cab Lights are nearly always controlled independently from the directional lights.

I assume that you mean the interior cabin lights of the loco (where the driver sits) when using the 'Cab Light' term.

If you are, then these are not typically linked to a loco's directional lighting. They are wired separately to the decoder AUX function and switched on and off by a different function number. The TTS instructions for a diesel say that the AUX function is Function F25 and that this function switches the 'Green' wire. Hence my question. .

Try sending F25 and see what happens, if still not working trace back the cab light wiring and see where it goes, it should end up eventually via whatever path it takes on Pin 3 of the TTS decoder socket. Socket Pin 3 equates to the 'Green' wire on the decoder.

Not that it matters to you as you are using TTS, but the loco 'Cab Lights' on my Loksound equipped diesels are on F5, whilst F0 (zero) still does directional lighting. Cab Lights are nearly always controlled independently from the directional lights.

No joy with function 25. The bachmann has the switch underneath and of course its switched on. I'm thinking the metal connectors between the body and shell are not connecting. 

I gave up on my Hornby Class 56 springy light contacts, ripped them out and hard wired between them, long enough to get the body off comfortably.

Rob

Totally agreed. After a few frustrating hours I finally hard wired both connections the end of the broken end and it worked. Considering this train is new, yes 3 years old the design is poor for bachmann.

• 1 month later...

Archived