Not pairing with my phone

To add to my frustration with this system, now my ARC PRO is not pairing with my phone.  It did a few days ago, and after having put my phone in airplane mode (yes, Bluetooth is back on), I can't get it to pair.  It sees my powerbase, and the light on the PB flashes green and red, then stays red and my phone won't see it.  My phone does pair with other devices, and did with this, so it's not the phone.  

On a side note, when I try to pair it, or when I unplug and replug (for the nth time), sometimes my pit lane switch clicks over hard to the "Pit" position.  Weird.  I am really getting frustrated with this system.

Warren - I'd maybe take it out of airplane mode, especially if that change preceded the problem? When I put my iPhone 4s in airplane mode + Bluetooth, it does connect but has a tendency to drop out (occasional blip of orange on the pb). Different devices handle Bluetooth in different ways, but if airplane is glitchy on my 4s, it might be the issue on your phone.

When the powerbase boots up, the main LED flashes through red and green and flashes orange until it connects to the app, then it is permanent green. A permanent red indicates a short circuit. The ARC Quick Start manual is short, but it does have some useful charts to enlarge, print out and refer to as you are learning how the new system works. It's available as a pdf from the ARC Pro page, which is easier to print out.

My pit lane entry usually does the same as yours. The first car to go round will trigger the sensor and change it to closed (unless the driver is holding the LC button).

Hope that helps

Did your phone update without you knowing?

I love it when these "cloud" systems do that... recently my car updated its navigation system and some other features and I nearly crashed because of a glitch that was introduced.

It has also started reporting the wrong speed limit on some roads....

The flipper behavior is common on power up. As woodcote says, a car passing the sensor will right it.

Archived