Modern German Infantry 1:32

Hi,

I was always not satisfied with the avaliable colors on the market. So I had to mix a color by myself. I use slate gray with a little bit light olive. There may be a little difference in the shades, but this does not matter, because the real Bundeswehr uniforms in this time were different to (older means lighter). Often there was a difference in color even between jacket (darker) and trouser (lighter). For best results you may take a look to real uniforms.

Try this site:

https://gary-oldsargeswargameandmodelblog.blogspot.de/2016/02/cold-war-bundeswehr-uniforms-1950s-and.html

Boots are black, webbing is faded olive drab (I think), Helmet olive drab

Don`t forget the German National Flag on both sides of the sleeves.

Hope this helps. Otherwise let me know if I can help...

Hi Paolo,

First I paint pedominant 1:72 or 20mm Figures. I do not need so much color for them. But if I need color in different batches I mix it when I need the color. For the old Bundeswehr (and this represent this set!) (cold war times) you have not to mix exactly the same shade. As abovementioned the color of uniforms was very diverse. This is due to the uniforms faded very soon (often washing, sun ect.). Do not paint them to "dark" in shade. Only if you want to show very new uniforms!

In my opinion it looks like very more realistic if the don`t look all the same. Of course you have not to use other colors. Vallejo 101 a little brighter is a good match (I think) but I prefer to mix by myself.

Hope this helps? If you have questions, please let ma know. Cheers from Germany! Tom

Archived