Railmaster Points Control

Hi there,
I am having problems moving some of the points on my layout. I currently run a Hornby Elite unit controlling the layout with Hornby Railmaster. Points are operated via 2 x 8216 points decoders. I have set the default setting so that on start

up all points switch to their designated positions as programmed into Railmaster. When starting up some points move and others attempt to move in the right direction but fail to move the point over indicating a lack of power. this is generally never on the

first point movement in a block of four again indicating that the capacitor has not recharged sufficiently in the time given to move the points. I have tried resetting the ini.file in Notepad Railmaster from 0.75 to 1.5 Seconds to allow more time for charging

capacitor between point motions (thanks to forum) but the system says access is denied - please can you assist me in trying to sort the problem. the points work ok when selecting individually but not as a group selection or on start up as stated – thanks Mark

If you struggle to adjust the admin settings, I run Railmaster on my vista laptop I tried coping the ini file to the desktop, made the changes there and saved it. Then copied it & pasted it back in the Railmaster folder again. An admin window opened to

confirm the action just allows it & it replaces the old config ini with the one you edited.

Archived