TTS for non-Hornby MUs

centraltrains

Please can we have TTS Decoders with sounds for non-Hornby produced modern image DMUs? 

Since Hornby love to negelct the modern MU market in terms of actual models, and other companies such as Bachmann and RealTrack take the lead with MUs, please can you expand the budget sound range so that we can take advantage of budget sound in some of the most lovley modern day trains on the market!

Suggestions:

• Class 143/144
  • Class 150
  • Class 156
  • Class 158/159
  • Class 166
  • Class 170/171/168
  • Class 350

I hardly think Hornby are going to waste time and resources to help other manufacturers to sell their products when Hornby's profit is probably not much more than a fiver per TTS.......there are other makes of sound decoder which cover most models already......I know they are more expensive but you get what you pay for....... 😀..........HB

Whilst I agree with howbiman. I can’t help feeling Hornby have already started a trend of low cost sound decoders sold separately which can be used on other makes. Therefore, to a certain extent they have helped other manufacturers already. Following on from this, is there not a market for some 3rd party manufacturer creating a low cost sound decoder for each loco with a “small“ speaker attached? Especially as the market is still young with many people having none sound locos but wanting sound (at a lower cost) and it would be more easy to fit this type in older models of any manufacturer. The standard is open so could be done. Perhaps it’s just too expensive to set up and not enough potential return but if it could be done it may make Hornby wish they had produced one for everything in the first place. Some money is better than no money.

I hardly think Hornby are going to waste time and resources to help other manufacturers to sell their products when Hornby's profit is probably not much more than a fiver per TTS.......there are other makes of sound decoder which cover most models already......I know they are more expensive but you get what you pay for....... 😀..........HB

I can't afford the high end ones so otherwise it's no sound :P 

I don't know the eccomonics of TTS but I find it hard to imagine they'd be totally unprofitable if made for non-Hornby MUs.

Archived