BLOCKS, POINTS AND CURRENT DROP SENSORS

stevieedge

I am trying to install block detection using current drop sensors, one of my problems is I have placed a lot of scissor points close together and cant figure out where I need insulated joints and d where I can take the current drop from. 

at present i have power to both rails either side of the scissors and have used insulated joiners on one rail at either end either end of the scissors (which means in most cases I have 2 scissors between the insulated joiners. I believe you should not have points contained within a block so should I have this complete section excluded from blocks or would it be better to try and put a block in between the scissors although this part is only 60mm long and if so would I need to put an insulated joiner eiter side of this short section.

sorry I am not very good at explaining this but hope the diagram may help

/media/tinymce_upload/3fd3b1ee7912e384b886b7a149614300.jpg

@stevieedge

I have been watching your thread with great interest because (quite) a few years ago, I designed and built a Scalextric lap counter by isolating a very short length of track and detecting current through it.  This worked very well but I have no idea if this could be applied to a DCC circuit.

I had been hoping that one of our Electronics 'experts' would have responded by now.

Archived