ADAMS RADIAL DCC SOUND AUX 1 and AUX 2 Functions

VC

I wonder if anyone has experience of adding  aux1 and aux 2 light effects to the Oxford Rail  Adams with Sound fitted?   I decided to give ot a  shot but it is very confusing to understand the Loksound Manuels   The model comes with  an ESU Loksound v4 fitted but there are no light or aux functions shown on the function list.  Coal shoveling for example is F4 but Aux 1 did not come on when I wired an LED .   I do not have  the Loksound programmer but having read various V4 manuels I have ended up with AUX 1  as fire box flicker CV 275 on 4 but it works only on reverse on F0 and then only for 5 or 6 seconds unless I press F0 again.   Aux 2 was not on either and in having a go to move it on the Aux 11 I have suceeded in  turning it on F7 somehow and works both directions.  F7 on the Adams is break squeal on/off not the ideal place for a cab light.   Just wondered if anyone can explain how to  map Aux 1 and Aux 2 for particular Function keys and to not have then only directional?     

Decoder Pro maybe a viable alternative method of reading and remapping your ESU decoder, but be aware it may be locked by Oxford against change. The ESU manual is a beast to wade through and comprehend but my first stop would be to ask Oxford.

Decoder Pro users on here may be able to better advise on if it can do the remapping by ticking boxes rather than fiddling with CV values.

Rob

• 8 months later...

cv 275 needs to switch on cv 282 to a value of 4 this switches on aux 1 

Hi Jane,  I tried  carious CV settings but not really moved it forward so have given up for now.  I will probabtly need to buy a sprog and try readomg the CV's from my computer

Thank you for your advice however

VC

cv 275 needs to switch on cv 282 to a value of 4 this switches on aux 1 

Hi Jane,  I tried  carious CV settings but not really moved it forward so have given up for now.  I will probabtly need to buy a sprog and try readomg the CV's from my computer

Thank you for your advice however

VC

If you have an Elite you don't need to buy a Sprig.  The Elite can be used with Decoder Pro instead.

Yours the brains of the organisation,  thank you Rob it's on my next decoder shopping list,  as i have similar issues with another Oxford Rail Adams Radial where i fitted the sound myself.   I also wrote to them but heard nothing,  ditto Loksound s Thats why I suggested decoder pro.

Rob

Archived