Phase 2 Zero 1

Newbery5

Hi all

I believe Hornby launched more than the basic Zero 1 which included something called micromimic display for control of points. I still run Zero 1 but only to control locos and basic point control much does one point at a time. Has anyone out there got any instructions that relate to the usage of micromimic items? As I have been running zero 1 for so long I can't fford to switch to DCC. Please help or advise.

Graham

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

As an avid Zero 1 User.

Last year I opened my own forum just for Zero 1 and have been collating as much information as I can to do with it.

Also been scanning in loco service & maintenance sheets as they are crucial to getting/keeping locos working on Zero 1.

We arer always looking for old zero 1 users from 79 - 80s as they have loads of hints and tips and possibly some of the worksheets manuals that are no longer available

https://hornby-zero-1.forumotion.com/

You have to join to gain access to the links but only takes seconds to do and everything is free !

Hopefully see you there soon :) :)

@Andymac

The linked to Wiki above (my post in 2018) leads me to think the old decoders were of the erasable programmable memory type (EPROM) which may be what the (UV) light pen was used for in conjunction with the Erase, Write, etc buttons.