Prodigy and PC

Fredfootrot

Hi All!

I have a Gaugemaster DCC01 Prodigy Express. I am toying with the idea of setting up a laptop using dcc software to run my layout. Would I have to bin my current controller or can it work with the software?  I have seen command stations , online - are these the only thing that one would use with a computer? 

Any advice appreciated. 

Hi

Technically we shouldn't be discussing this on the Hornby forum as Hornby produce their own PC software - Railmaster. AFAIK the Prodigy Express does not work with a PC connection. Only the Prodigy Advanced or the newer Advance 2 offers this via the DCC55 special cable connector to the PC.  But well worth phoning Gaugemaster technical to confirm or disprove this... UK Tel: 01903 884488 or send them an email via their web sites Contact page.

Hi Fred

This is basically a Hornby Forum and although there may be members on here who have the system you describe, the only computer software that is discussed in detail on here is Hornby RailMaster.

Your question would probably gather more responses on a non company Forum or even Gaugemaster if they have one.

You could try Rocrail or JMRI both f.o.c. packages that may support your controller. Easy to look in their listings to see if and what is needed to make it work if it will.

e.g. https://forum.rocrail.net/viewforum.php?f=95

For your information Railmaster only works with Hornby controllers so it wouldn’t be of any use to you.

Rob

Archived