Weird Turntable problem

Hi,

How are you operating the turntable? Have you placed a TT icon on your layout and configured that and/or have you configured it as a locomotive and using a loco throttle to run it? What kind of decoder are you using for the TT? Have you tried running the TT from the Elite only, without using Railmaster?

Ray

Some Hattons decoders have been getting bad press on the forums recently for uncommanded stop start operation. It may be your booster has given the decoder a fright and a reset would at least put it back to square one or it may be one of these dodgy ones That folk are sending back.

I hope the man-flu is getting better. Zinc and Vit-C helps or a good slug of whisky and some honey stirred into a mug of hot water. Not sure about the medicinal properties but the glow factor is more than adequate.

Rob

St1ngR4y Thanks for the suggestion testing now, however it has workled properly before.  the decoder is Hatons own (they fitted it) and so far I am just using the "standard method" of using the icon in RailMaster.

So I'll keep you posted

Have you had any success with your turntable yet?

Ray

• 1 month later...

Hi I have the Hornby turntable with DCC sinalled aftermarket  I can turn it from RailMaster OK. However I think I have somehow damaged it as no matter what ini settings I use in Rail Master the motor itself only runs for about 4 seconds.  I have the speed set at 40 and have experimented with the timer but even at 50 seconds I only get the motor running for a small amout of time.  

On another post I mentioned I had incorrectly wired my Elite booster circuit to my track and the turntable went crazy so could i have damaged the decoded in some way, although it does respond so not burnt out.  Would it be a good I do to reprogam it to defaults and if it is how do I do that - is it a CV setting?

I have one power district coupled to Elite coupled to RailMaster (or I can swap this out for an e-link) 

Would it be a good I do to reprogam it to defaults and if it is, how do I do that - is it a CV setting?

Just to remind you, writing 8 to CV8 will perform the reset to the factory defaults of the decoder. This will also reset the DCC address back to 003 from whatever it currently is.

Archived