Total newb needing help....

Drone Mikey

Hi all, I have just fallen in love with my child hood hobby again and I fear the world has moved a long way since my last set.

My son and I have a scalextric start world rally set up and we want to go big, big, big.

Firstly my reborn love of this hobby is after a trip to. "on your marques" in Skegness, great place, great guy. Please visit and keep this place alive.

For some reason only half my post posted.

We have a starter kit, I don't know if it's digital or analogue but we want more track, much more, are all tracks compatible? I can see adapters available. I am afraid this old hobby has progressed a lot since my childhood. Any help would be fab. Thanks, Mike

Hi There and "Welcome back",

The "Start" set you have was only available for a few years and only has one radius of curve and I think 2 different straight lengths.

If you want to extend you will have to try to track down the C8525  Start <-> Sport converter track to connect it to the current Sport type track.

Or you can go completely with Sport track.

The cars are essentially the same so you can still use those.

Using Sport track also means you can take advantage of the ARC system.

Invest in the latest Arc PRO. Go Digital with Wireless controllers. Nothing comes close.

This might cost you a bit as you'll need the chips for the cars, some lane changers and some extra controllers. You don't need to chip every car, just buy a few, enough for each racer (4-6), you can easily swap them between your collection. This is known as DPR (Digital Plug Ready).

It might even be better to buy an old digital set, just for the chips, cars and lane changer. They will work with your new ARC PRO!

With what money you have left absorb a load of track from ebay. Plenty of almost new going cheap. 

Archived