Rms and digital

Pikey1978

iv just purchest the 3 car gt set and iv found a large set with rms. I’d like to ask some simple questions. I know all the track will fit together but not 100% sure if it will work. Curved crossovers need to be fitted in pairs I think this maybe next to each outher or at different ends. Will the basic sport power base work as a short straight if no power leads or controllers or plugged in and finely if the rms disc is missing can the softwere be down loaded if I have the hardware  thanks for any advice

Hi Pikey1978. Is that the Digital Super GT set C1201? It has an Aston Martin DBR9, Porsche 911 and a Dodge Viper. It is based on the four-car powerbase and comes with a straight lane changer and curved lane changer.

If that's your set, it should all work nicely straight from the box, although it may struggle with power if you add a fourth car or a lot more track.

I think the only set with RMS was the GT Interactive set with two Porsche 911s. To run on the digital set, those cars will need C7005 retro-fit digital chips added. Otherwise most of the track will work with the digital track. The RMS will not - it records laps for each lane rather than for a specific car - it's not a digital system. You could use the Sport powerbase as you suggest, but I'm always nervous about doing such things!

With the 4-car digital powerbase you don't have worry about using the curved crossovers in pairs. You do with ARC Pro - the latest digital system - which I think would be a perfect upgrade to your layout at some point in the future. You'll get the potential for racing six cars at once, great wireless controllers and the up-to-date ARC app race management system (RMS) which does most of what Scalextric Sport RMS used to do plus a whole lot more.

If you did upgrade to ARC Pro, you will need to leave out the curved lane changer (or modify it) and buy yourself a digital pit lane to get the most of the ARC app features. In the meantime, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with the layout you have. Any more questions, just ask.

Thank you. Yes it’s the digital set iv got this is second hand for my 40th not had it set it as I’m not aloud it till the 25th lol the set with rms is for sell near me. I’d like to get the arc pro. Im know at point in my life were can indulge myself abit. I had a big layout in the past a mix of classic and sport. It was 13 & 1/2 standed straights long the length/width of my loft then it was all bends after that. It all had to go to covert the cost of the kids inc my beloved fly trucks. I’m going to be converting my loft to a man cave this winter so I have space finely looking forward to digital as it was out of my price range back then. Thanks for you help

Oh wow! That's sounds an awesome plan. Yes, ARC Pro certainly makes a multi-featured digital system much more affordable. Do come back if you have any more questions. And post a picture of the man cave as you build it... you can make us all jealous 😉

Archived