GWR Class 800

slowshunter

£118 is the going price for a Loksound decoder loaded with Legomanbiffo sounds (Rolls Royce combination). After all, the Class 800 is not a cheap model either. Everything is relative. As I understand it, Legomanbiffo is first to market with a 'Class 800 sound project' decoder. Legmanbiffo sounds are recordings of the real thing, hence why the web page link references the assistance given by Hitachi in the creation of the sound project.

A 'bare bones' Loksound V4 without any sounds loaded on it, retails at about £85 to £99.

If you want cheap, then you will have to wait for a TTS (which may never happen) and will probably be artificially synthesised sounds.

£118 is the going price for a Loksound decoder loaded with Legomanbiffo sounds (Rolls Royce combination). After all, the Class 800 is not a cheap model either. Everything is relative. As I understand it, Legomanbiffo is first to market with a 'Class 800 sound project' decoder. Legmanbiffo sounds are recordings of the real thing, hence why the web page link references the assistance given by Hitachi in the creation of the sound project.

A 'bare bones' Loksound V4 without any sounds loaded on it, retails at about £85 to £99.

If you want cheap, then you will have to wait for a TTS (which may never happen) and will probably be artificially synthesised sounds.

No I dont want "cheap"but ! would like "reasonable". It's a lot of cash to add on to a train thats costing about £400!

Olivia's Trains also do Class 800 sounds on a Loksound chip. About the same price, £115 according to their site.

Cheers, Rich.

If you have heard some of Olivia’s projects you’ll realise that to pay only £3.50 more to get legomanbiffo is an absolute bargain. I’ve just fitted sound to one for someone in the same way as on legomanbiffo‘s YouTube video using 2 decoders and 4 speakers and it’s brilliant. The way it can switch between diesel and electric mode using f8 is also great too. It’s a model I wasn’t bothered about owning but now I’ve heard the sound I would really like to own one

Richard

If you have heard some of Olivia’s projects you’ll realise that to pay only £3.50 more to get Legomanbiffo is an absolute bargain.

Totally agree 100%.

Archived