Magical Elite cure??

ronbram

On the LGB layout I had amongst other some ESU switchpilots as stationary decoders. One of them turned deaf dumb and blind on me. I could not program it anymore, nor would it respond to switch commands. As I am adding semaphore signals on the h0 layout and I had some servo's lying around, I decded to give it a go and connected the power and track connections of the switchpilot to the track output of the Elite. After powering on the Elite and pressing the program button on the Switchpilot I could set the adresses for both the four coil outputs and the two servo outputs. Hooked up the servo's and behold, they work. I don't know if it is the Elite or the long rest period that cured the Switchpilot, but when connected to the Twincenter, it was definitely dead.

I can only say hurray for The Elite and on with signal building.

ESU Switch pilots, have taken up a lot of forum time and posts. Many of us, gave up on them, me included. This was before i had my Elite, so, following your success, i may try again. Well done for making yours work. The main prob from memory, were the instructions, which left a lot to be desired.

As long as you only need to program the address, that is easy. Hold the program button until the led start blinking on-off-on etc. and the send a switch command for a accessory address. This the sets the addresses for all four coil ouputs. When succesfull, the led turns off again. For the servo's hold the button a little londer until led starts blinking in a on-on-off rhytym, and send a switch command again.

Archived