Hornby R2416 Class 56 to DCC

Trainman1974

Please can someone help, I’ve just converted the old Hornby R2416 Class 56 using a class 92 pcb and a Hornby Class 60 TTS sound decoder, everything works as it should the only this is that it take time sometime responding to the dcc controller, is there anything I can do to eliminate this problem.

Thanks David.

If you mean that the sound decoder has gone through the engine start routine (F1) and is sitting idling on the track with the Diesel engine ticking over. Then when you use your DCC controller to start moving the loco from a standing start there is a delay, maybe as long as 5 or 10 seconds or so before the loco moves off. Then that is totally normal and expected with a sound loco. The sound decoder has to run a sequence of sounds to represent what the the real thing does in real life before the loco is ready to move. This can be proved, by doing the same DCC controller moving off sequence again, but this time with ALL the sound turned off.

More expensive sound decoders do give a CV option where you can disable this feature, my Loksounds do. But I don't think that the TTS gives the user that option.

There is a start delay on the steamers that is adjustable but I don’t recall that facility on diesels, only the default accelleration value of 15 which plays the brake release as noted previously before the loco moves off.

I have just checked a Class 67 user manual and there is no delay adjustment.

Rob

Archived