TT S sound problem getting sound to work

GWR 77

Can anyone help I have just installed arts decoder in a new SR S15 class locomotive 

I am running is from my computer using rail master 

Have programmed the decoder and it run well but there is no sound how do I turn it on and how do it get the sound to show on the computer/railmarster controller

You turn the sound on by sending a F1 command from the controller.

I have just installed arts decoder in a new SR S15 class locomotive

I assume that "arts" is a typo and should read

"I have just installed a tts decoder in a new SR S15 class locomotive."

Open this previous thread for further details and review my post in it (third one down) when reading the rest of this reply:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/loco-registration/?p=1

In your question above you have not stated the R number of the TTS decoder you have installed. You will need this number, so go and locate it before reading further.

To get the sound functions to show in RM for your TTS decoder.

Open the 'Loco Setting Screen' for your loco.

In the R number box (see arrow 3 in the second drawing in my linked post above) enter the R number of the TTS decoder you have installed. Do not enter the R number of the loco that you have installed it in.

You may need to change the loco image photo, if the TTS R number does not display the same loco type that you have installed the decoder in. If you need to load a different loco image, then review my second clickable link at the bottom of this reply that explains how.

Then follow the information (as a basic outline guide) in my first linked post above as a basis for continuing the process of setting up your loco with your TTS decoder.

In essence, by choosing the TTS R number in the step documented above, RM can insert all the sound function button information from its internal database.

If you do not know the TTS decoder R number, or it can't be found in the database.Then you will need to type in all the function button commands manually. Or you just need to change the loco image displayed for the loco in RM. This previous alternative thread (my post second one down) outlines the basic procedures involved as an example guide.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/r3459tts-decoder-not-recognized-23469/

Archived