New to DCC [Darthtrainspotter]

Guest Chrissaf

If you fit the Hornby R8232 DCC point clips to all the points (I assume this is what you mean by your 'live points' phrase), then the location of the power connectors is somewhat irrelevant. But do make sure that they are ALL the same way round. If you reverse the wires on either of them, you will get an instant short circuit.

Yes an electrical 'choc block' is a reliable way of joining multiple track feeds together into the output of a single controller.

I see that you have quite a few curved points. OK, they make for a layout with play factor. But you might want to search the forum for "Curved Point". There are a very high number of posts discussing derailment issues with curved points.

Hello

Im new to all this. I have no experience of wiring up a layout. I have adccc set arriving soon with select controller. I would like to build the  elbow with a few additions making it longer   I have 4 amp transformer too  as for wiring if the points are live the diagram shows just three track connections I take it one set of leads from the controller into electrical choc  block then off to the track.  Does that sound right.

if I drop in a small Goods depot similar to one in the centre of the pic should can I just drop wires from rail to rail or from the choc block

any advice  

/media/tinymce_upload/713d1e352302f97e24ade8926ad2ddf0.png

Thanks for the heads up. And apologies for poor forum etiquett. I have today mastered running three locomotives on a large singe oval with a branch line Using the select.  Pretty straightforwar. I’m just going to add bits until I’m happy fixing any low or dead current with droppers. Once I’m happy I’ll fix it ballast it all up and get on with the scenery.  

Thanks 

Archived