How to open bottles?

I've not come across these before as I don't usually use these acrylic paints, but the knurled top suggests to me that you grip the pot and twist the lid to unscrew it. I did a search for some pictures and it would seem the lable on your pot is positioned a little high and is concealing the joint between the pot and the lid.

Hi PenPow.

Welcome to the forum. I don't know when you brought that pot of paint but it's in an old style pot that's been superceded some time ago, several years back. I had several of these pots and had to open them with a mole wrench. that pot must be several years old so don't be surprised if the paint has dried up and is now useless. The newer pots have a twist-off at one end (best left alone) and a flip open lid the other end. Try and only buy paint in this type of pot.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Remember we do this for fun                           John the Pom

PenPow,

This is not an old style pot but just a screw lid instead of the lid on tins of enamel paints which have to be opened with a screwdriver.

There is usually a selophane wrapping over the etire bottle when you buy it which must be removed. Then its just a case of cutting any stickers which are spanning the lid and the body of the bottle. 

I dont usually have a problem with the paint drying and sticking the bottle shut around the seam of the lid but i imagine that if you held the bottle in a towel of warm water then it may do the trick.

Hope some of this helps,

Kidge

Archived