@@ouKoS

Heinz57

Thanks chaps for replying. I did consider tracking down a second hand model on eBay or perhaps a toy fair and salvaging it for parts. It looks like we can agree then this is probably my best option? I don't actualy know if its an old Airfix model, all I know is I got the loco in 2003. I remember the damage occoured later the same year or perhaps in 2004 (when the spares were probably still avalible), the loco struck a box that was placed too close to the tracks, ripped the valve gear clean off. I took the model into the shop where I bought it from where I was told 'It isn't repairable'. Upon reflection, it seems perhaps that they simply couldn't be botherd to carry out the works, else didn't know what they are doing. Because it looks like the damage is repairable. Cheers, Heinz

Hi Heinz, I have an Airfix 61xx GWR tank loco. It was running like a bag of nails. I took it to a gifted modeller who is on the staff at Signals Model Shop, The Hollies, Midsomer Norton, N.E.Somerset, UK. He got parts for a thirty year old German 'N'gauge loco for another friend!!! John stripped and overhauled my Airfix 'Prairie' Tank and it now runs like a dream!! Phone him on 01761 402484 in normal shop hours. Tell him he was recommended by the little old bloke at Timsbury. He'll know who that is!!! He also attended to a Bachmann S.R. 'N'class loco that had a manufacturing fault. Not so well made as Hornby locos!! Bachmann's sent me a part that I could not fit myself! John is seriously GOOD! He charged me £17 - 50p total for the two locos. Best of luck from a Ferret!!

Archived