ARC Pro lane changing advice needed please?

WRCRally_Fan

Hi - Need some advice as regards lane changing sections of track please? 

My setup is all digital now (ARC Pro / track and three digital chipped cars) I have a straight digital lane change crossover lane changer that works fine with all cars etc

However, when i add an 'outside to in single lane' changer the track ceases to work - cars dont move or anything? - all track is the correct way round and sensors in the right direction etc

Have been told that the ARC Pro is only programmed to use the digital lane change cross over sections of track and not the single lane changers  'out to in' sections as these have now stopped being manufactured by Hornby?

Also.... Can i use more than one digital lane change crossover section in my circuit please?

Hi there,

I am not sure what piece you mean by "outside to in single lane"?

Are you referring to the pit entry piece?

If so, you cannot use them to bring the track down to one lane. That will short out the powerbase. Both lanes must remain separate.

Or a lane changing curve?

The lane changing curve only works with modification.

You can use any number of straight lane changers and any number of pit entries as long as the lanes do not touch.

Hi there,

I am not sure what piece you mean by "outside to in single lane"?

Are you referring to the pit entry piece?

If so, you cannot use them to bring the track down to one lane. That will short out the powerbase. Both lanes must remain separate.

Or a lane changing curve?

The lane changing curve only works with modification.

You can use any number of straight lane changers and any number of pit entries as long as the lanes do not touch.

Hi - thanks for the reply - its this section of track here - which i think is deffo the curve as you mentioned

Archived