Hornby Eurostar Buffet coach

Mark3001

Because I like to see many versions of different coaches become available in liveries, even if I am not ever, or likely purchase them. I like have choice available on websites, in catalogues and inside model shops.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

And what do you think that would do to the cost?

Because I like to see many versions of different coaches become available in liveries, even if I am not ever, or likely purchase them. I like have choice available on websites, in catalogues and inside model shops.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

So are you saying Hornby should produce just about every type of coach even if they would only sell a limited number of each? 

Of types of coaches they produce, yes. My Class 47 Virgin Trains 'Pride of Shrewsbury' has X4 Mk2 Coaches in the same livery, but no buffet coach / car, due to the fact Hornby has never released one in the Virgin Trains livery. If Hornby did release one, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

• 1 month later...

I would love to have a buffet coach and years ago there was two intermediate saloon coaches but it was discontinued (due to lack of interest?) and I was very disappointed not to snap it up then.

There is a set of divisible saloons and I will only buy one set per train, not a series of divisible sets to build up a longer rake train.

I have a full rake of East Coast and two working power units at each end. (Swapped the bodies of a non working power unit with another working chassis)

Archived