Pegler SINGLE Chimney 4472 FS - super detail.

atom3624

I've been hunting a super detail, locomotive drive FS with single chimney in LNER apple green.

The ideal would be a Pegler edition, which has existed, in the Australian visit limited edition R2687, and similarly with white roof with R3250.

Surely it could be re-issued, without the 'limited edition paraphernalia' so as not to detract from the limited edition variations, as a straight locomotive, super detail version - lamp brackets, cab windows, etc. ... and be a regular addition.

I would bet on it being an instant best seller.

Al.

There are so many iterations of 'what might have been' - early, wartime, Railroad ... 

The Railroad is what I want, but super detailed ...

That's the FS I remember, not this BR lined, double chimneyed, German blinkered version - looks good, but isn't the FS I remember 'as a lad'.

Fair comments on 'not another', but being probably the most famous locomotive in the world, it's bound to come up ...

Al.

I think this is still a 'standard, default, doable option' for those wanting detail and a popular locomotive.

For me, this may not be the 'most currently relevant' FS, but it is the best known - single chimney, apple green, 4472, LNER - and the best looking and proportioned.

Scottie should appear powerful, but elegant as well, not brutal.

Chance has shone on me, and a 'unicorn' in the guise of R2687 has been found in good-used condition for a sensible price - most are asking silly money which I avoid.

Al.

Archived