Points Stutter [RM 1.70 version release]

Guest Chrissaf

The current version of RM is 1.70.2 of which there were three versions, not 1.70 that you have quoted. The very latest version of RM was released on the 25th March.

First thing to do, before anything else, is to download the very latest 1.70.2 version (from the download link at the top of the RailMaster forum) and manually install it over the top of your currently installed version (right click the downloaded "rm_setup.exe" file and choose 'Run as administrator). There is no need to uninstall the currently installed version first.

With this latest version installed. Then test again. If you start getting eLink communication errors then read the posts in the RM 1.70 REVISION 2 thread regarding amending your .INI file. Read all 8 pages as updated .INI file info is contained in the later pages.

Hi,

I am running Railmaster Pro 1.70 and a fault has developed affecting some point motors. During start up, I have the points on "set ", while Railmaster is initialising my e link something starts 3 random point motors cycling. There is a loud clicking noise coming from the point motors but they are not switching. I have been through the reset process for the elink. This clicking starts before the auto point setting opens. My start up routine is well established and has run for well over 12 months with no issues at all. I do have an elite controller which I could inset in place of the e link. Please has anyone had the same experience and if so does anyone have a fix for it?

Dave A

Hi Chrissaf,

Thanks for your reply. I have today installed Railmaster 1.70.2. Now there seems to be absolutely no DCC signal going from the software through the e link to the track, and therefore the points and locos. There is a full voltage present but nothing now works.  I have rebooted three times with the same result leaving c 30 min between each reboot. Any ideas?

Best Wishes

Daveyplod

I did say if you have any eLink issues with 1.70.2 you will have to look at the .INI file, and probably edit it with new values. Read the posts that I pointed you to.

It sometimes happens that  after upgrading RM to 1.70.2 that Windows re-assigns the USB com port number. This results in a loss of communication between RM and the eLink interface.

You will also need to check that the com port assigned to the eLink in Windows Device Manager still matches that selected in RailMaster. This previous post will give you guidance on how to do that.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/railmastere-link-problems/?p=1

TIP: Please do try and avoid using the 'Blue button', the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

@daveyplod

Dave,

If you get the Elink working again and your "stuttering points" symptom is still there, make a note of the time shown on the RM main window (including seconds), then have a look at the LOG.TXT file which is in the RM folder. See if there are any entries around about the time you have noted.

Ray

Archived