Elite error screen

Guest Chrissaf

Derek

No, it is correct in the DCC section.

(Rob is an expert on broken Elites, hopefully he will be along soon to advise)

Hi Everyone

I think I have "created" this problem !!

Whilst trying to run Railmaster I got the unplug BOTH power and USB cables form the Elite... I think I then accidentally tried to plug the USB into the Expressnet socket by mistake .

Once I had correctly plugged everything the Elite failed to start ... just displays the ERROR screen .... pressing ESCAPE clears the error screen and sets the controller to 1 and address 3 but the unit controls will not work at all ..... what have I done  .. It must be my fault . I have tried a Unit reset and although I only got the test procedure running once it displayed PASS .... I cannot get in to reload 1.44 again ( not sure that would work anyway !! )

I think this is back to Hornby to repair... any other ideas ? ( I bought this New in December )

Derek

I have one with Error on screen and that is broken, I just cannot get it to boot properly. Like you I have no idea why it died. Batch code from memory is 22/17.

As yours is within warranty I would send it back to them. Call HCC for a returns number.

Hi Rob

My unit is stamped 29/15 ( I misread the batch no. whoops  ) but the 2nd no. 15 is definately 15 .

If it is old stock ie at least 3 years old then I will be b***** annoyed ... I have the box ,receipt etc ... I will mention all tis to HCC. I bought it from   Marquee Models in Harlow, Essex

I will also mention that the keypad doesn't always respond.

Thanks

Derek 

Keyboard lack of response is a well known problem if a unit has been out of use for some time. The buttons press a triangular click contact which rubs across the motherboard as you press, thus removing any latent corrosion. If a key is not responding repeatedly press it until such action scrubs the contact points clean. These triangular contacts are held to the mobo by (hi-tech) sticky tape. See the Elite teardown report in my linked website for more details of the Elite innards.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived