Digikeijs DR4024

Somerset Modeller

Just bought a Digikejs DR4024 to operate points with servo's instead of using seep point motors. Just installed two servo's and very impressed, super smooth and quiet, cost is also very good. Servo's about £1.50 from Amazon, Got some servo mounts from ebay for under baseboard £1.90 and with the DR4024 at £21.95 from Amazon. Therefore it costs approx £9.00 to install slow motion point control per point. 

Now we get to the little issue i have, by default the additional switches on the DR4024 are programmed to a different DCC address, by default the servo's are DCC Address 1-4 and the switches are 5-8. I have set my DR4024 to address 185 so servo's are 185-188 and switches 189-192. This is known as preset 0 but i want to change the preset to 1 so servo 1 and switch 1 are address 185, servo 2 and switch 2 are 186 and so on. The reason for this is to add a relay switch to control electro frog points. What is the best way with Railmaster or the Hornby Elite to change CV47 on the Digikeijs DR4024? To program the DR4024 you just put it in learning mode by pressing the programming button on the front.

Treat it as a loco decoder and get RM to read it. It may baulk but if you select it as a blind read, i.e. don’t list it as a decoder, just connect it and get RM to go for, then you can revalue CV47 and write to it, or simply use the Elite standalone in Direct ACC programming mode, select CV by rotating the speed knob from Address and write the new value.

Thanks for your help RAF, thought it might be from the loco programming. If your not 100% sure then its best to ask first.

Got it working and its a little tricky but got it working, with the hornby elite the programming track isn't permantly powered so you have to put it into programming mode on the main track (Power and Signal need the same feed), disconnect whilst in programming mode. Then connect it to the programming track, then send the CV value (reading fails but expected). Then disconnect it from the programming track and connect it to the main track and the programming light will be lit, press programming button and it will exit programming mode. Now it is ready to use. All tested and working OK.

Jut awaiting some relays to arrive in the post, might be a couple of weeks due to coming from China. 

You might possibly have avoided the faffing about changing Elite outputs if you had put the Elite into 'Operate' programming mode [Elite manual page 28]. Then you might have been able to change the CV whilst still attached to the full main track voltage. 'Operate' mode doesn't use the 'programming track'.

Note that 'Operate' mode can only be used from the Elite control knobs and buttons. It is not supported in RM.

Archived