Railmaster version 1.70.2 update zooms my track plan.

Guest Chrissaf

Hi guys

I have spent a while installing layout building lights.

On getting back to Railmaster I updated to version 7.02 all seemed fine except for my mimic is not showing the last 10 track elements lengthwise of the whole layout although it did before updating.

Depthwise it is fine.

Has anybody had this problem ?

DAVJAN

Just to add Pro pack remembers the last set zoom level but the Basic product resets to 100% so if your plan is off screen at this level it will revert thus at every fresh start.

Raf

I have had the Pro Pack for some time and on designing the layout I set the zoom level at 75% and at every update until this one it has retained that level of zoom and the mimic has always fitted the monitor screen.

This update resets to 100% and I have made no changes to the design.

This week I have gone back into design mode and selected 75% for the layout and saved which takes me back to the layout which gives me the the full layout but only in the top half of the screen.

DAVJAN

Hi Raf

I have checked for ghost track parts and found none.

However on thinking back last Wednesday on booting R/M a dropdown reminded me that an update was available and I clicked it.

This is the first time this has happened, I have always either clicked the latest version label at the top of the 

R/M forum page or used the powerpos website.

I  have software called Advanced System Care installed on my desktop which updates software but R/M is not on the listing and has never interfered with R/M or any other non listed software before, could this be responsable for the dropdown and problem I am having as I have never seen a R/M dropdown reminder before or is this new with version 1.07.?

I have yesterday contacted the R/M team from within the program but have only thought of ASC as being the culprit this morning so have not notified them of this.

Thanks for your help

David

I binned ASC as I found whilst it helped with certain things it was hogging resource and screwing up the registry.

In theory if it does not list RM as an update then it should not fiddle with it, but again it would only pick up a notifiable update and RM doesnt do many of those, but it does do no notice background updates for such as the loco database as well as updates via the link without revision status changing.

I would fetch the very latest revision from screen top link and let it install over your existing copy, where it should overwrite any missing files.

Hi Raf

I have done as you suggested and downloaded from the top link the latest files.

R/M working fine but it has not cured the diagram being stretched.

I have had my mimic full screen  as I set it up for 4 years  without having to scroll left or right until this update

I await comments from the R/M team.

Thanks for your help as always.

David

I think there are latent problems in the latest fixed version of RM v1.70.2 that are just emerging. I have today reported in that I can only bring up one expanded controller in Pro version.

Hi Raf and guys

As no forum members have come up with an answer to my track plan being stretched and not finding any ghost elements on the layout I have tried changing another of my designs which have also been stretched.

In trying to reduce the length by removing a number of horizonal track pieces i am now left  ghost direction arrows but removing them from within the design blank spaces by right clicking them as one does within the track element does not work .

Is there any way I can do this please.?

I have raised the question of the update stretching the my plan but i have had no answer as yet from the team.

Davjan

I have found ghost elements by drawing a cartouche across a seemingly blank screen areas and deleting the content.

i have sometimes had to zoom far out to find artifacts left behind by my sloppy track designs.

Archived