Hornby elite controller

john_ellis

can anyone help my Hornby elite controller was plugged in and all working fine with my railmaster then just went blank screen with green light flashing now as no screen or lights lit up at all is it my controller or transformer as anyone had this problem please

regards John

Have you got 15 volts DC coming out of the power pack onto the DC coax plug (centre pin positive)?

Not got a multi-meter to measure the voltage........then this essential bit of diagnostic kit can be purchased off ebay for less than £7 delivered.

Tried all that I think it’s ever the transformer or the controller got no power in it at all changed fuse working with MT select now which I’ve changed to I will have to buy a new one as I say it was working fine the the screen went blank and the green top right light was flashing strange never mind these things happen thanks for trying to help enyway thought someone might of had the same problem 

regards John

I think I know what you are saying.

There can only be a choice of either the power unit or controller being duff, so your assumption is correct. What you need to do to help others is to narrow it down to one or the other.

As you have reverted to using a Select then try the Select with the Elite power unit and vice versa. The result of that will take us forward, noting that the 1-amp Select power pack will boot an Elite with nothing spare to run trains, just enough oomph for fault finding. The 4-amp Elite power pack is safe to use with the Select.

Archived