Who makes the smallest DCC decoder

morairamike

It seems my pictures didn’t pass the censor.

Sorry @RDS you’ll have to use your imagination (although they are on another, less restrictive forum).

Was any reason given by Admin or did they just auto-bounce due to wrong type or wrongly submitted.

You can direct link to the other forum for convenience In the meantime.

Edit - Next 18 are a small decoder but of course they fit in a socket requiring space.

Well both the decoder and the Wickham arrived. The decoder is very small and if you blink the Wickham can be missed. 

There is very limited room in the trailer but the thickness of the plastic that makes up the ballast load is only 1mm thinner Bryan the MX 616 decoder. So I've cut out an oblong into which the 616 fits. Next I'll wire it up and attempt to make up a representation of a cement bag to put over the 616 to hide it. Worst case I'll place a cover over it and re-ballast the whole load, that will add a bit of extra weight and disguise the decoder. Will update when complete.

Well it works, managed to fit the micro 616 decoder on top of the motor. Cut a hole in the trailer load so that the decoder comes through. It sits just about flush with the top of the load. I re-sleeved the decoder in red heat shrink, it looks like a red sack in the ballast load. Just need to repaint the load and it's finished. The trolley runs well on DCC and manages electro-frog points with no problems and without stay alive. Just need a working gang to put in the cab. It's a bit of fun.