412P No.9 - Brands Hatch 1967

Red Rebel

Hi Red Rebel - the Ferraris are not Digital Plug Ready (DPR), but they are easy to chip with the C7005 Retro-Fit digital chip (https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/retro-fit-digital-chip-a-single-seater-type.html). The chip comes with full instructions and requires basic soldering skills to solder two wires to the motor and two wires to the guide plate.

I hope that helps.

Hi Red Rebel - the Ferraris are not Digital Plug Ready (DPR), but they are easy to chip with the C7005 Retro-Fit digital chip (https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/retro-fit-digital-chip-a-single-seater-type.html). The chip comes with full instructions and requires basic soldering skills to solder two wires to the motor and two wires to the guide plate.

I hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

/media/tinymce_upload/b655ce1733ca29df8af492745892332d.jpgHi there

it looks like it should be dead easy and there's even a predrilled hole for the LED.

but... ive just tried to do mine, taking the red wire from the chip to where the yellow was on the motor, and the black to the green (Having unsoldered the originals).  That seems to be the only electrical work needed from the instructions...

my result in the track was a small pop, a slight burning smell and I think something on the chip has burnt out.  Resoldered the originals and all is fine again in analogue mode...

have I missed something?

tia

Tom 

Hi Tom. The green and yellow leads should go to the front of the car - to the guide plate and braids. I strongly suspect that the pop and burning smell was a component (or components) on the chip being destroyed by power being applied to the chip in the wrong direction. Although the instructions could be better (in colour, perhaps - or link to pictures and a video online?), the wires are labelled correctly.

I suggest that you contact Scalextric Customer Services (details right or below) and see what they can do for you.

I hope that helps.