What glue do you use for buildings?

keithp1707821843

OK- as I say thanks to all. I had hoped this would be simple - but as I say the local shops which sell model kits, do not sell the glue! Nearest Hobbycrfat is 40 miles in York, so looks like its either postage or wait until a trip yo York! Shame the magazine did not include a small tube of glue.

As to the nail varnish remover, could try that or was it a joke?

If you are going to York have a look at Monk Bar model shop as they have everything. I have always used Humbrol Plastic Cement very sparingly and used gluing from the back where possible so that the glue never messes any detail. If you DO NOT squeeze the tube and allow it to flow slowly out under control it will never make a mess as long as you keep fingers off and don't use too much.Over some 60 years I have used this and the old Airfix glue, which was very similar with no problems. On card I always used the old smelly Bostik but I think that has gone now. I am a bit tight to buy Rocket glue for these now as for £6 you don't get much. My project soon to start after Christmas is a scratch built part based bit of Huntley and Palmers using both plastic and card. The back buildings will be scratch built low reliefin card and building papers with plastic window surround from something in the Peco/Wills/Ratio range. The engine shed is to be a modified Dapol double kit and the weighbridge area possibly Ratio. I was going to use all Metcalf full buildings but they will take up too much space.

RAF put - known to cause brain damage.

We're all brain-damaged or we wouldn't be here!  😛

Standard lego bricks pressed onto the base-plate make perfect right-angles for holding corners straight! (Mind you don't glue the walls to the lego, though!)

Cyanoacrylate (superglue) is good for sticking tiny details to your fingers!